- We collect the following information about you and your use of our website in order to create a better, more personalized experience for you
- A nickname selected by you or assigned by us, your email address, your name (if provided) a password selected by you, your zip code
- For purposes of this policy, "Personally Identifiable Information" means information that could be used to identify your personally (such as your email address or IP address), which has not been previously or subsequently disclosed by you on the public areas of our website or in messages you send.
- We automatically track certain basic information about our members (such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, click patterns, etc.). We use this information to do internal research on our members' usage patterns, demographics, interests and general behavior to better understand and serve you and our community.
- We may collect information such as postings you make on the public areas of our website, messages you send to us, and correspondence we receive from other members or third parties about your activities or postings on our website. Our use of this information is consistent with the rights and restrictions set forth in Section
Use of Information
- We use the information we collect about you (including your Personally Identifiable Information) to create a better, more personalized experience for you based on your individual usage habits, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, analyze site usage, improve our content and product offerings, and customize our site's content, layout and Services. These uses improve our site and allow us to better customize it to meet your needs. We also use the information we collect about you to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and enforce our Terms of Service Agreement.
- We may use for promotional, sales or any use that we consider appropriate your correspondence with us or photographs submitted for publication on our website, be it via email, postings on our website, or feedback via the member polls. Our use of such materials is consistent with the restrictions on disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information set forth in Section 3.v
Disclosure of Your Information
You acknowledge and agree that MRU may disclose your Information (as defined in section if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on us or our website
- Enforce this Agreement
- Respond to claims that your Information violates the rights of third parties
- Protect the rights, property or personal safety of Meetup, its employees, users and the public
- Enable the transfer or sale to another entity of all or substantially all of our stock or assets in the line of business to which this agreement relates, or upon any other corporate reorganization, subject to the promises made in this agreement. We also may disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or that we believe may expose us or you to legal liability.
Reviewing, Updating, Deleting and Deactivating Personal Information
After registration you can update your рersonally identifiable information. Upon your request, we will deactivate your account and remove your personally identifiable information from our active databases. To make this request, write us. Upon our receipt of your request, we will deactivate your account and remove your рersonally identifiable information as soon as reasonably possible in accordance with our deactivation policy and applicable law but we will retain in our files information you may have requested us to remove if, in our discretion, retention of the information is necessary to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems . Furthermore, your information is never completely removed from our databases due to technical and legal constraints (for example, we will not remove your information from our back up storage).
Notification of Changes
- If we make any material changes in our privacy practices, we will post a prominent notice on our website notifying you and our other members of the change. In some cases where we post a notice we will also email you and other members who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices. However, if you have deleted/deactivated your account, then you will not be contacted, nor will your previously collected personal information be used in this new manner.
- If the change to this policy would change how your Personally Identifiable Information is treated, then the change will not apply to you without your affirmative consent. However, if after a period of thirty (30) days you have not consented to the change in the policy; your account will be automatically suspended until such time as you may choose to consent to the policy change. Until such consent, your personal information will be treated under the policy terms in force when you began your membership.