Honda NT1100 in 2022
The revival of sports touring will continue with the debut of the Honda NT1100 in 2022. It will take Honda Africa Twin 1100 Motor and Frame, and take off in a completely street-oriented direction. Currently this is a Euro only model. Still, experience tells us that American Honda We will proudly introduce it to the United States within a year, and perhaps sooner. Let’s see what the NT1100 is.
1. It is a SOHC motor of Africa Twin, and the number of power is the same. It has a peak of 101 horses at 7500 rpm and immediately produces 77 ft-lbs of torque at 1250 rpm.
2. Like the Africa Twin, there is a DCT version. Honda has sold more than 200,000 DCT models, and technology continues to advance. It works well with the latest Africa Twin.
3. The motor has 3 riding modes and 2 user modes can be set. Tour, Urban and Reign are standard modes. Power supply, traction control and wheelie control can all be individually adjusted in user mode.
4. The 2022 Honda NT1100 has an Africa Twin frame, but the chassis are not the same. The NT1100 has 17-inch wheels on both ends, as you would expect from a street bike. Honda cut off the wheelbase of the Africa Twin by 1 inch and pushed the rake once. This increases the agility of the NT1100 while ensuring the stability of the wide front tires. The wheel travel on both ends is less than 6 inches, and Showa plays the role of suspension. Suspension adjustment is limited to spring preload, with a seat height of 32.3 inches.
5. The pannier comes off nicely and the NT1100 looks great without the pannier. The pannier is mounted on a luggage rack that also serves as the base for the optional top box.
6. Touring riders appreciate travel goods. A pannier is standard equipment as well as cruise control, a heated grip and a center stand. The windshield has five settings, plus upper and lower deflectors to customize the airflow. There is also a USB and 12 volt charging port. Honda claims that the maximum distance from a full fuel tank is about 250 miles.
7. The 6.5-inch TFT touch screen is all about connectivity. Pairs with your smartphone to provide access to Apple CarPlay and Android Auto software.
8. The 2022 Honda NT1100 will be seen sooner or later in the United States. I’ve been waiting for the ST1300 to be replaced for a long time!
• Type: Parallel 2-cylinder
• Displacement: 1084cc
• Bore x Stroke: 92.0 x 81.5 mm
• Maximum output: 101 hp @ 7500 rpm
• Maximum torque: 77 ft-lbs @ 6250 rpm
• Compression ratio: 10.1: 1
• Valvetrain: SOHC; 4vpc
• Refueling: Two 44mm throttle bodies
• Transmission: 6-speed (DCT: fully automatic and semi-automatic)
• Clutch: Wet multi-plate (DCT: fully automatic)
• Final drive: 525 chain
• Frame: steel, semi-double cradle
• Front suspension; Travel: Spring preload adjustable Showa SFF-BP 43mm inverted fork. 5.9 inches
• Rear suspension; Travel: Linkage assist, spring preload adjustable Showa shock. 5.9 inches
• Wheel: Cast aluminum
• Front tires: 120/70 x 17
• Rear tire: 180/55 x 17
• Front brake: 310mm floating disc with 4-piston calipers mounted radially
• Rear brake: 256mm disc with single piston caliper
• ABS: 2 channels
Dimensions and capacity
• Wheelbase: 60.4 inches
• Rake: 26.5 degrees
• Trail: 4.3 inches
• Seat height: 32.3 inches
• Fuel capacity: 5.4 gallons
• Estimated fuel consumption: 47 mpg
• Curb weight: 524 lbs (DCT: undecided)
• Pearl glare white
• Matte Iridium Gray Metallic
• Graphite black
• 2022 Honda NT1100 Price: £ 11,999 MSRP
• 2022 Honda NT1100DCT Price: £ 12,999 Suggested retail price