This CB1100F was rebuilt into a project named “Evolution” over 3 years by Darren Begg of dB Customs. The seller was inspired by current Japanese custom builders who have been restomodding 80s classics, and he wanted to turn this into a modern tribute of the CB-F. It looks beautiful, and the high quality photos don’t hurt! This bike was featured in Cycle Canada magazine.
List of modifications:
- Swingarm from a CBR1100XX Blackbird that’s been modified for twin Ohlins shocks
- RC51 front forks
- LSL superbike bars
- Woodcraft rearsets
- Corbin Gunfighter seat
- Instruments are from Koso and a RC51
- Turn signals are from a CBR600RR
- Addition to the slick cosmetics
- The powerplant has got some work – it’s been bored to 1,123cc and given Wiseco forged pistons.
- 39mm Keihin flat slides take care of fueling
- Custom exhaust hooked up to Peter Schule headers