If you are going to ride, here are some safety tips to follow:
• Avoid large group ride gatherings. Ride in much smaller groups at least 2-6 maximum riders. Make sure to park your bikes at least 10 feet away from other riders.
• Practice Social Distancing. Keep your distance at least 6 feet away from others. Avoid any contact with other riders or their belongings. Keep your gear on at stops.
• Wipe down high-touch surfaces often especially your mobile devices. Use disposable gloves (or use doggie poop bags) at gas pumps, door knobs, door handles, restroom breaks. Wipe down your bike after each ride.
• Avoid the spread. Bring your own wipes, sanitizers, water, snacks, food. Put them in zip lock bags. Wash your hands often. Cough and sneeze into your elbow. Wear a hat/beanie if you take off your helmet at stops.
• Before entering your home, clean all your belongings such as purses, backpacks, water bottles, etc. Change & remove clothes. Have new clothes ready when you return. Remove boots. Wash your clothes. If you can’t wash your clothes then expose them to sunlight to kill the virus.
• Clean yourself. Shower immediately. Drink hot liquids to kill the virus in your mouth.
• If you have long hair, put your hair in a bun and cover your head with a bandana/hair wrap throughout the whole ride. Hair captures bacteria & viruses.
• Take notes of who and where you have been to keep track of the contagion.
. . . And of course, Ride Safe out there! Use your Head – Avoid the Spread.