Extending the life of Yamaha diversion carburettor to manifold rubbers.
One of the fears, that has previously stopped me from checking and adjusting the valve clearances, has been the possibility of damaged carburettor to manifold rubbers and the cost. If it ain't broke! Well now it's been forced on me. I was pleasantly surprised to find them in good condition, all attached to the manifolds with just a hint of slight cracks at the joints. I decided to follow advice in a recent post and support them with heat shrink rubber sleeving. I was surprised when it came how thick it was, almost like inner tube. When I eventually refit the carbs, I will lubricate the carb flanges with red rubber grease. I also took the precaution of replacing the mounting screws.
80 Follow 147