Sad to say this beautiful black beast has gone to the moto gods as of august last year following a nasty crash I had down south. She lives on in my head and is superseded by her redheaded sister!... more
My master link on my cbr just broke and it wasn't the lock pin side. It was the factory back side that just came off. I thought those were not suppose to come off so easily. My chain says 525 on it... more
Germany provides a lot of excellent quality of secondary roads (landstraße), passing through the most beautiful lands, and no one will remain indifferent. It is safe to ride even for novice motorcycli... more
I give you a redesigned seat release, no key but retained the lock housing. Chinese lever adjuster repurposed. The anodize should last longer down there.
Not using factory throttle housing, controls... more
Oiled the K&N filters and stuck them on for a look.
Oil lines tweaked to final position so they don't touch any part of the header
I probably could have used a slight bend vs straight fittings,... more
Brake line retainer stolen from my XX arm and trimmed, I just had to sneak a Honda part into the build :P
That 1 job no one likes...
Now, about those holes in the clutch cover..
I would have got mo... more
4 cans of brake cleaner, 1 can WD40, half a dozen rags, 2 toothbrushes, a Scotch Brite pad, 6 hours labor and my last few squirts of S100 to detail this motor.
Popped the side covers off and cleaned... more
See if this helps...
Frame is at powdercoat shop & small parts are off in the mail for powder too, came home and poured 2nd coat of resin on the heat shield.
Nipped the long reservoir hose and w... more
Exhaust finished. Tidied up the mount tab, welded the can to the mid pipe, cleaned up the mid pipe and ran over the previous welds with the tig torch to dress them up.
Frame just about completed too,... more
The clutch lever pivot hole size didn't match the lever perch, so I turned up a brass bushing to take up the slack
Offered up the rear master cylinder
Played around with some fittings too
Cooler sp... more
Looks good, transfer to aluminum
Fleshed out ]
In order to weld them on, I needed to figure out a way to hold each mount at the same height. I prefer fixturing vs working off dimensions and scribe... more
I've always wanted to build a slingshot... now I get to build 2!!
This one is a 1990 750. When I got it, it had already had 07 gixxer front and rear ends grafted on. The front looks legit and the rea... more
I upgraded the rear line to a color-matched CoreMoto line.
Another quick piece of carbon sheet contrasts nicely with the vinyl wrapped overflow cannister and holder:Yet another became a pair of rad... more
I wasn't happy with the look of the heel guards that came with the rearsets, so I made new ones from a sheet of carbon I laid up using 2 plys of fiberglass mat sandwiched between 4 plys of carbon.
Time for some carbon fiber fun...All my parts were cosmetic, so a simple overlay process was all it took to score a high end look.
Sanding and a coat of auto grade clear adds UV protection and brings... more
The wiring needed to pass from the handlebars into the area in front of the airbox... but the lovely clean lines of the VFR tank prevent that... so I had to cut & shut the front of the tank.
After fitting the subframe, the next step to having a clean finish was to transition the bodywork from the tail to the tank, and then fit the seat to the tank.
I used the stock CBR side filler panels... more
I liked how the Honda dirt bike rear masters had integrated reservoirs, and I also didn't like the cost of billet parts... so I bought a CRF rear master, and reamed it out to fit the larger VFR brake... more