Set of 3 stickers Suzuki GSXR 600-750 "Fish"
Mug Triumph Street Triple S 660 “Wasp”
Hoodie Yamaha YZF R3 “Dragon” 15-18
Poster Triumph Daytona 675 “Gecko”
Poster KTM RC 390 “Wolf”
Hoodie BMW R1200GS (LC) 2013-2016 "Goose"
Mug KTM 1190 RC8 "Dragon"
Set of 3 stickers BMW S1000XR "Wasp"
Hoodie KTM RC 390 "Wolf"
Poster Inspired by Kawasaki Z1000 "Bull"
A nostalgic trip back to the 70s with an iconic, competition-only TT500…
It’s always a thrill to feature the first bike from an upstart builder, particularly when it’s as staggering and well-executed as this Yamaha TT500 tracker from VZMC Customs. Shop founder Claus works out of an old tin barn on his property, which doubles as clubhouse for him and his riding buddies. Besides the bikes themselves, the barn houses four decades of motorcycling paraphernalia, collected from a lifelong obsession that began with a Honda CT70 and ranged through racing days at Mosport and twenty years of project bikes.
When it came time to create an ace calling card for VZMC Customs, Claus wanted a nostalgic trip back into the glory days of 1970s California — the world so many of us imagined while ripping around on our boyhood dirt bikes:
“If I had to name the concept it would be “California Dreaming”. A nostalgic trip back to the ‘70’s with an iconic competition only TT500. Build it as close to period as possible, strip it bare, hot rod the hell out of it, and make it go as good as it shows.”
“I pictured the bike back in the day, roaming little surf towns, parked at Carlsbad for the USGP, cruising along the Pacific Coast Highway, and disappearing into the Malibu hills. All things I imagined as I rode my ’79 XR80 when I was a kid.”
- Complete engine rebuild with: Wiseco high-compression piston, high performance cam, high performance valve spring with titanium valve keepers, ported and polished, oversized Mikuni carb, modified oil line feed.
- One-off Hindle Exhaust
- Complete Rewire
- Flanders #10 Flat Track Bars
- Renthal Road Race Grips (safety wired)
- Vintage YZ250 kill switch
- Custom headlight switchgear with integrated CRG mirror
- 2016 Kawasaki KLR650 brake master cylinder and caliper with stainless steel line
- EBC Contour 300mm wave rotor
- FJ600 forks, detabbed and polished, race prepped
- Custom built triples and risers by Ripplerock Racers
- Custom paint by Jensen Custom
- One off custom seat by Tuffside
- Sun aluminum rims with Buchanen stainless spokes
- Pirelli tires
- Works Performance custom built shocks
- Custom aluminum skid plate, foot pegs, and shift lever
- Frame detabbed, shortened, powdercoated
Original Source [bikebound]